Wednesday, April 14, 2010

 

A Portrait of a Blogger as an old Poet.

In the new spirit of undisclosed referential creativity approved by the judges of the Wynne Prize, I have entered the Vincent Buckley Poetry Prize with following poem, "My Holland" which celebrates all that is Dutch.

"I love a fog bound country, a land of frozen lakes,
Of ragged windmill vanes, of bogs and flooding dykes.
I love her low horizons, I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her waterways – the wide flat land for me!"

Labels:


Comments:
Composed by a Clogblogger?
 
Homophobia about dykes Dorothy Sedgwick!
 
I stuck my finger in a dyke once,
That's the honest truth.
And then found I'd got a stork on...
That is, upon my roof.
I like a place that's broad and flat,
And reclaimed from the sea,
Though why on earth I'd want to live there,
Is Double Dutch to me.

 
Don't call me Sedgwick, Shirley!
 
"Label: Well it amused me."

... and it amused me too, but the idiot Wynne panel isn't funny at all.
That's So Pants has blogged them thoroughly for it too.
 
I can hear you snoring.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]